Games will be run on the website Board Game Arena (BGA) and we will communicate with each other through our Zoom Gaming Room. The Zoom Gaming Room will have a live link on the convention’s official schedule for reCONvene members, and you will have to Log In to your ReCONvene account to see the live links. You should also sign up for an account at Board Game Arena.
- An account at Board Game Arena <https://boardgamearena.com/>
- A reCONvene membership to access reCONvene’s Zoom Gaming Room
Gaming Schedule (U.S. Eastern Times)
- 11:00 am Tokaido
- 12:00 pm Takenoko
- 1:00 pm Puerto Rico
- 2:00 pm Carcassone
- 3:00 pm Stone Age
- 4:00 pm Eminent Domain
- Please see the convention’s official schedule for games and related social links.
Socialize While Playing:
For socializing while playing we will use a Zoom account, and you’re also welcome to play on your own with friends while socializing in Discord. (See “Getting Into the Convention” for how to access Zoom and Discord.) New to gaming? See instructions below for signing up for a Board Game Area account and joining a game.
Join us online at Board Game Arena:
- Go to: https://en.boardgamearena.com/
- Click on “Log In” in the upper right corner
- If you already have an account, sign in as usual
- If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to set one up before you start gaming.
- If you need to set up an account, click the Register button
- Choose a player name, password, enter your email and start playing
- You can also register using your Facebook or Google account, if you prefer
- Board Game Arena will send you an email that you must open and click on the embedded link to confirm that your email is active.
- Once you click on the link in your email, you will be taken back to Board Game Arena to click on the reCaptcha box to prove that you are not a robot.
- You will then be asked to click on any games that you already know. You can either complete this step or click on the “Skip this Step” link.
- After clicking the games that you know, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “I’m Done” button.
- Board Game Arena will give you the option to either play a quick game of Can’t Stop against an AI to learn how to use the online gaming system, or to skip this step.
- To play a game with random Board Game Arena users, click on Play Now in the upper left corner of the screen, leave the default setup options selected (Simple Game, Real Time, Automatic), and click the Play Now button on one of your selected games from Step 8. Once players are automatically found, you should click Accept to go to the table with them.
- To play a scheduled game with other Reconveners, come to the Neverland Room in Zoom, tell the host your Board Game Arena username, and you will be invited to a table. You should accept this invitation, and then you will need to click Accept again on a second screen.
- To play an unscheduled game with other Reconveners, meet up in the #neverland-gaming-foyer channel in Discord, and get more directions there if you need them.
The Board Game Arena interface sometimes freezes or otherwise goes awry. If that happens, you should reload the page in your browser, and you will be brought back to your current game.